Cadboro Bay is rural ocean-side living in an urban setting. Residents enjoy parks, open spaces, natural vegetation and trees, ocean access, and a small commercial village.
The area is predominately single family dwellings located on a range of lot sizes. Multi-family dwellings are limited to Wedgewood Point Estates on Minnie Mountain and the Village Centre.
Cadboro Bay was named in 1837 after the Hudson Bay Company brig “Cadboro”. Cadboro Point, more commonly referred to as Ten Mile Point, was named in 1850 by Captain G.H. Richards while charting the coast in “H.M.S. Plumper”. At this time, 17 people resided in the nearby area. They were employed on the Hudson Bay Company farm which was located on the plateau area now occupied by the University of Victoria.