Renting your vacation property in BC? Use the Vacate Clause for your short term rental agreement.


Include a Vacate Clause in the tenancy agreement, and have both parties initial beside to be enforceable! The property owner, or close family member must make use of the property immediately after fixed term tenancy. Part time occupancy is ok.

If you do not plan on using the property at the end of the fixed term tenancy, you should enter into a new fixed term tenancy! If you don’t the tenancy will become month-month and that requires significantly more notice to get the tenant out!

If you enter into another fixed term tenancy with the same tenant, you must not raise the rent by more than inflation, or 2.5%.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here